- Be, the visitor (in best Chevy Chase as Ty Webb voice)
What is it they want anyhow?
- K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple S)
Don't Add To Many Features
- Content Is King
One of my favorites and so true.
- Details, Details, Details
All the elements should work together. (graphics, colors, layout, navigation, and content)
- Pave the way
Navigation and Organization are key.
Inspired by Prone Advertising.
Here is some more good advise on web design at Application Generation
Decide on Navigation and Stick To It
Large sites need secondary navigation
Keep Navigation Consistent
Use conventions people are familiar with.
- Design in the limits of HTML
HTML has limitiations. Don't fight them.
- Screen Resolution
These change. Think about it.
- Design Navigation for Flexibility
Create a site map.
- Design Layout for Flexibility
Usually have landing page layout, and a content page layout.
Summary: Get a sitemap, decide on a navigation approach, agree a screen resolution and remember that you don’t control the length of the pages.