10.08.2008

Coldfusion 8 processing alternative file extensions

I ran into some problems doing this and notice a few other people asking about it. But it should work the same way as CF7 as far as I can tell. The trick I found was to use the Web Server Configuration Tool.

After I edited the web.xml and mapped the file extensions to IIS, the change worked on the development server but not the production server. The Server Error 500 basically tells you that CF isn't picking up the request. So I re-ran the Web Server Configuration Tool. I removed the CF mapping to the server and then recreated it. And Bingo, it worked.

Stephen Erat has a  good run down of how it should work (minus the use of the Web Server Configuration Tool).   Note that he removes the ID from the servlet mapping.

No comments: