- You can use any vegetables you like for this recipe. The vegetables should total about 2 cups
- 3 Cups Brown Rice rinsed well
- 16 ozs of Low or No Sodium Vegetable or Chicken broth.
- (You may need to adjust the amount of broth based on your rice cooker's instructions on the
- amount of liquid needed for 3 cups of rice.)
- 1 can no sodium black beans - rinsed well
- 1/2 Cup diced carrots - diced very small
- 1 can of no sodium added diced tomatoes without the liquid.
- 3/4 Cup diced fresh broccoli - diced very small
- 1 small onion diced very small
- 1/2 Cup frozen corn
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cilantro - chopped small
Using the rice cooker's rice measuring cup, rinse 3 cups of brown rice very well. Put rice in the rice
Pour in the broth to the line in the cooker for 3 cups of rice.
Add the beans, carrots, broccoli, sauteed onions, tomatoes, and corn to the rice cooker.
Close the lid and choose the Brown Rice setting on the rice cooker.
After the rice is done, add the cilantro and fluff the rice